The successful candidate will work closely with the programme manager, key academic collaborators and external stakeholders to define and ensure the successful delivery of the projects.
Candidates are expected to have:
- An MSc or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, a computational science-based discipline, or significant relevant experience.
- Experience writing and maintaining high-performance application code.
- Significant experience of the key languages commonly used in scientific computing, such as C, C++ (preferred), Fortran or Python.
- Significant experience with one or more of the main frameworks used to exploit large, modern parallel computers, such as MPI, OpenMP, CUDA, OpenACC or PGAS.
- Additionally, candidates should have demonstrable experience of managing highly technical teams, as well as excellent communications skills. The successful candidate will be able to present confidently the work of their team to peers and a variety of external stakeholders.
- Experience or knowledge in the areas of machine learning and data science is highly desirable.
This position is currently closed. Please check back in a couple of months when we will have reviewed our recruitment needs.