Candidates are expected to have:
- A degree in a computational science, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience in the use, management, and deployment of large-scale high-performance computing infrastructure.
- Practical and proven knowledge of Linux system administration and shell scripting.
- Practical knowledge of high-level programming or scripting languages, such as Python or Bash.
- Experience of configuration management and automation methods using technologies, such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Experience of storage platforms, parallel file systems and cloud-computing platforms (e.g., OpenStack) will be advantageous.
- Successful candidates will be proactive, creative and comfortable resolving complex problems.
- Experience of working in a scientific environment and/or providing support to researchers will be advantageous.
- Significant experience will be required for the senior roles, in addition to skills in supervision and mentoring.
If you are interested in applying for this role, If you are interested in applying for this role, please follow this link to the University of Cambridge vacancies page.